It’s the year 2069 and a wealthy Collective have gained control over the United Republic of Solar Systems to extract and control the supply of GRAIN - a highly addictive gold based substance which has corrupted their civilisation. A group of rebels band together to fight against the authoritarian Collective and regain their independence.
The Spaceminers Club (https://spaceminers.club/) is a third person shooter that embraces elements of the web3 stack to combine a high fidelity gaming experience with core elements of digital economies including guilds, competitions and trading hubs. Our company is backed by Europe's largest digital asset manager and one of the longest standing and most reputable precious metals groups in the world.
You will join an effective team of talented developers, programmers and creatives on a mission to create an immersive universe for players to explore and interact with. You’ll be the technical authority for all things UE and work closely with the game designer and other developers to design and implement the right technical solutions as we grow. You'll have a senior UE programmer and two junior UE programmers reporting into you.
As a values oriented team, we need someone who embodies our SPACE values:
Self-starting - once we are clear on the mission, we don’t need to be asked twice about our contribution. We can work independently and collaboratively as required.
Prepared - we think ahead, we plan and we communicate. Proper preparation sets up us for success.
Ambitious - we set a high bar for our achievements and we strive to get there.
Collaborative - as a team we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are trustworthy and reliable.
Efficient - we are resourceful in how we apply ourselves at every turn.
We're looking for someone with:
- Minimum of 2+ years working in UE.
- Minimum of 5+ years as a software engineer.
- Experience with advanced UE/game concepts like behaviour trees, custom pathfinding, inverse-kinematics, realtime mesh deformation/vertex generation.
- Experience with multiplayer games.
- Ability to take ownership and provide technical leadership and mentoring.
- Experience working in SCRUM.
- Experience in C++, Blueprint, UE5
In return we're offering:
- Competitive salary (£60-£80,000 pa depending on experience)
- 33 days holiday
- Remote first with access to a central London office
- Employer contributed pension and healthcare
- Off-site team building days
- Weekly team gaming sessions
In your cover letter (or as an additional file) please included an unlisted link to a short 60 second video explaining why you want to work with us, as well as a link to your portfolio.
GTSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.