It’s the year 2069 and a wealthy Collective have gained control over the United Republic of Solar Systems to extract and control the supply of GRAIN - a highly addictive gold based substance which has corrupted their civilisation. A group of rebels band together to fight against the authoritarian Collective and regain their independence.
The Spaceminers Club (https://spaceminers.club/)is a third person shooter that embraces elements of the web3 stack to combine a high fidelity gaming experience with core elements of digital economies including guilds, competitions and trading hubs. Our company is backed by Europe's largest digital asset manager and one of the longest standing and most reputable precious metals groups in the world.
About the role:
You will join an effective team of talented developers, programmers and creatives on a mission to create an immersive universe for players to explore and interact with. You’ll be an expert in making 3D objects believable and will work closely with the Chief Creative Officer and other designers.
As a values oriented team, we need someone who embodies our SPACE values:
Self-starting - once we are clear on the mission, we don’t need to be asked twice about our contribution. We can work independently and collaboratively as required.
Prepared - we think ahead, we plan and we communicate. Proper preparation sets up us for success.
Ambitious - we set a high bar for our achievements and we strive to get there.
Collaborative - as a team we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are trustworthy and reliable.
Efficient - we are resourceful in how we apply ourselves at every turn.
We're looking for someone who can:
- Create photorealistic textures for digital assets using the supplied photographic reference material and/or concept art
- Make 3D objects believable
- Paint photo-real textures and relevant maps for other surface effects to be mapped onto 3D objects
- Meet and set deadlines while maintaining the highest standards.
- Do quality control of texture maps prior to publishing to ensure consistency
- Use Substance Painter, Designer, ZBrush and Mari
- Demonstrate knowledge of modeling and shading
- Show previous look dev experience
- Demonstrate how they have worked with scanned references, photos or other artwork to create textures
If you have previous experience in a VFX environment and have worked (or were educated) in traditional arts that's a huge bonus.
In return we're offering:
- Competitive salary (£28,000 pa)
- 33 days holiday
- Remote first with access to a central London office
- Employer contributed pension & Healthcare
- Off-site team-building days
- Weekly team gaming sessions
In your cover letter please included an unlisted link to a short 60 second video explaining why you want to work with us, as well as a link to your portfolio.
GTSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.