It’s the year 2069 and a wealthy Collective have gained control over the United Republic of Solar Systems to extract and control the supply of GRAIN - a highly addictive gold based substance which has corrupted their civilisation. A group of rebels band together to fight against the authoritarian Collective and regain their independence.
The Spaceminers Club (https://spaceminers.club/)is a third person shooter that embraces elements of the web3 stack to combine a high fidelity gaming experience with core elements of digital economies including guilds, competitions and trading hubs. Our company is backed by Europe's largest digital asset manager and one of the longest standing and most reputable precious metals groups in the world.
About the role:
You will join an effective team of talented developers, programmers and creatives on a mission to create an immersive universe for players to explore and interact with. As a values oriented team, we need someone who embodies our SPACE values:
Self-starting - once we are clear on the mission, we don’t need to be asked twice about our contribution. We can work independently and collaboratively as required.
Prepared - we think ahead, we plan and we communicate. Proper preparation sets up us for success.
Ambitious - we set a high bar for our achievements and we strive to get there.
Collaborative - as a team we are greater than the sum of our parts. We are trustworthy and reliable.
Efficient - we are resourceful in how we apply ourselves at every turn.
We're looking for someone experienced with:
- Special effects, particles, lighting, post-process effects etc
- Particle effects, fluid simulation, lighting
- Creating stunning visual effects that support a project in a timely manner
- Investigating and testing optimal approaches that hit the highest visual quality and optimisation
- Understanding what the Art Director requires for the project then research, develop, and implement it in Engine
- Creating optimised materials and shaders
- Designing VFX and particle systems
- Working alongside Tech teams to create custom VFX assets (combining Blueprints with custom C++ codebase)
Experience in a similar role and Unreal experience is a MUST (at least 2 years), Unreal 5 experience is a plus. You'll need to be experienced writing shaders in Material Editor within Unreal Engine and have advanced understanding of the UE5 lighting systems. We need someone who has a deep understanding of the rendering pipelines and how to optimise for frame-rate as well as excellent knowledge of UE5’s Blueprint system. You'll also have good knowledge of post-processing options, excellent knowledge of Cascade Particle Editor, proficiency in Niagara VFX System and a portfolio of work to demonstrate work experience and ability.
In return we're offering:
- Competitive salary (£25-£30,000 dependent on experience)
- 33 days holiday
- Remote first with access to a central London office
- Employer contributed pension & Healthca
- Off-site team-building days
- Weekly team gaming sessions
In your cover letter please included an unlisted link to a short 60 second video explaining why you want to work with us, as well as a link to your portfolio.
GTSA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief or race.